October 17, 2007

Longing for You

When I wake up in the morning,
You are the first to come to my mind.
Like a blooming lotus of the spring,
Thee look so beautiful and divine.

Remember the first time we met,
I was awe struck and dumb founded.
Those bewitching eyes, I will never forget,
Piercing my heart like a Cupid's arrow and rend.

Really, I had never felt like this before,
It is like a bolt from the blue.
Thousand nights come and go,
But I love you and only you.

Trust me, you are the first and the last,
That I had ever wanted to possess.
Like a Pearl in the ocean, so vast,
You are like the beautiful wood roses.

I will treasure your love, my dame,
If only, someday, thee reciprocate idem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My first English poem. Wrote on 23/12/1999.

Arun said...

Gunajit

You are a good poet...I like your use of simple words to convey complex feelings!!

Keep it up....

Cheers
Arun